MCP Terms and Conditions
Note: Please read the terms before proceeding to order if you are not in agreement with our terms and conditions please discontinue using our services. My Pop Cakes reserves the right to make changes without notice.
1. To secure the event MCP (My Cake Place) will decline other work. The date of the event is considered booked upon receipt of a non-refundable deposit upon the Acceptance/written and/or acknowledgement of the customer.
2. Deposit is 50% of total amount.
3. Your initial deposit reserves your event date and is non-refundable.
4. We must receive the balance by the due date indicated or contract is null and void, and deposit will not be refunded.
5. Final payment is generally required 1 month prior to function, unless by special agreement between MCP and the client has been arranged.
6. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavours of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
7. All details and changes must be made in writing as an addendum to this contract and must be agreed to by both the parties, MCP (My pop cakes) and the Client.
8. MCP shall be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a reasonable change and reserves the right to refuse those changes deemed unreasonable.
9. If more servings than the main cake will provide are needed unexpectedly, a kitchen cake to match the main cake in terms of layers, flavours and fillings may be made if availability permits and it is ordered at least seven (7) days before the event. The kitchen cake’s cost will be calculated by size of cake plus a $25 rush order fee. The kitchen cake’s cost must be paid in cash, or by money order within twenty-four (24) hours of the time the kitchen cake is ordered
10. Serving amounts provided by standard shape cakes are based on the wedding industry standard of eight (8) cubic inches of cake per serving: generally a 1 inch wide x 2 inch long x 3.5-4 inch high slice of cake.
11. Specialty carved cake serving amounts is estimated and are not guaranteed to be exact.
12. MCP warrants all cakes will provide at least the requested industry standard size number of servings when properly served according to the industry standard size.
13. The number of actual servings created during actual service of the cake cannot be guaranteed as methods of slicing, such as serving larger than then industry standard 1x2x4 size slice, or other preparations will affect the number of actual servings.
14. The Client understands and accepts these terms and variables and has ordered accordingly.
15. Cancellation of 60 days or more notice will forfeit the deposit to us.
16. Cancellation within 30 days of function will forfeit all monies to us and is not negotiable.
17. Only the Client and NO other individual (e.g. mother, father, mother-in-law, father-in-law, sibling, relative, friend, wedding planner/coordinator, etc.) is authorized to make changes to this contract.
18. Delivery and setup cost is subject to distance and fuel costs at time of function.
19. We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 25˚ degrees or below.
20. The Client assumes full responsibility for the guests and agrees to indemnify and holds MCP harmless from and against all bodily injury, property damage or consequential damages which may result from MCP services and provision of the cake.
21. MCP (My Cake Place) is not responsible for any damage to the cake, or shortage of cake, caused by a guest, caterer, wait staff member, or any other person not employed by MCP.
22. If flowers are provided by an outside source, they are required to be available the day before the function, this is enough time to place on or around the cake. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
23. If you or your representatives elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves MCP possession.
24. On occasion we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
25. Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
26. We are able to replicate a cake if you have seen a picture of it, although keeping in mind it may not be exact to the picture, as skills and colours vary.
27. Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of you to complete the agreement and is subject to labour disputes or strikes, accidents, Acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.
28. All payments must be finalized in full upon receiving an item or invoicing whichever comes first, a 50% deposit must be paid at least 10 days before an order can be processed or even considered any delay in payments will deem your order void. Any delays in payment after the due date will result in late fees. Late fees are generally $35 a week backdated from the time your order was due.
Non Payment Policy
Unnecessary delay or Refusal to pay and/or or abandoning an invoice is an offence hence our policy. Any false or misleading information is dealt with accordingly. We endeavor to do our best to help you achieve the result or finish you desire, if a customer has refused to pay for no apparent or good reason or simply abandoned payment then we seek the right to pursue alternative actions to recover all debts including accumulative debts for each case, If a client makes little or no reasonable attempt if any to resolve the issue we may already have proceed with alternative action to recover monies owing. The customer is responsible and must pay all necessary fees accrued on behalf of My Cake Place to recover the debt. Avoiding payment shall be dealt with accordingly at our discretion normally 7 days after the due date or completion of work/receiving goods. My cake place will utilizes all legal resources to recover monies including court proceedings, a client has up to 48 hours to make a complaint if they feel the need to do so from the time they have received the Cake. Invoices are usually prepared and delivered personally or via mail including emails after the work has been completed. After this period no complaint will be considered reasonable due to the nature of the item. Abandoned/unpaid invoice will incur $90 charge plus weekly $49 late fees and administration fees. If you don’t agree to these term please discontinue using these services.